Professional Painters – McKinney, TX
How Do You Get Started? We Can Help
Before our team come to your home, there are some steps that you need to take in order to prepare for our arrival. Our team will always treat your home and possessions with respect, and with that being said, we ask that you review the information below and meet these requests so that we can get the project done as quickly and effectively as possible:
Why Choose Us:
- Based in McKinney
- Satisfaction Guarantee
- Serving All of North Texas
Preparing Your Interior
- Gather and store any precious items and knickknacks from mantles and tables.
- Although we would never paint over paintings or pictures on the walls, we want to avoid accidentally misplacing them, so please remove them from the workspace.
- Keep any and all pets secured in another area of the house throughout the project.
- To help our team maneuver easily, remove “child-proof” or “pet-proof” gates.
- Be sure to remove everything from the closet, if we are painting the closet, so that we can work efficiently in the space.
How We Will Prepare the Interior
- We can handle moving all furniture out of the rooms we’ll be working in.
- Our team will remove any drapery and then reinstall it after the project is complete.
- If the project requires multiple days, we will put down fresh plastic on the floor daily.
- We will remove all switches and outlet plates and then put them back again later.
- Before we begin painting, we will address any issues that require repairs (including sanding, replacing sheetrock, taping, etc) and were included in our initial estimate.
- We can provide texturing by request.
- Cracks and nail holes will be filled in before we paint.
- Cracks along the ceiling crowns, baseboards, and doorjambs will be caulked sufficiently.
- All wood surfaces will be cleaned, scuffed, and sanded.
- We will remove any wallpaper from the walls.
Preparing Your Exterior
- Sprinklers should be turned off completely, even from timers, during the project! Your new paint job won’t look as nice if touched by water. Plus, our team members would rather not get wet.
- Remove any wall hangings, plants, or other valuable items outside.
- Please take a few minutes to clean up after your pets and make sure they are in a secure area away from our working space.
How We Will Prepare the Exterior
- Our first step is power washing every surface we will paint, which removes mildew, sand, dirt, and much more. We’ll wash more fragile areas by hand.
- We will hand scrape loose paint.
- To hold the new paint better, bare or new wood will be primed.
- We’ll properly caulk around windows and entrances, including major wood joints. This may help you save on your air conditioning bill!